Oconee County: Youth Art Month 2021
March 5, 2021 @ 10:00 am - March 26, 2021 @ 4:00 pm| Free
Youth Art Month History
The Art & Creative Materials Institute (ACMI) created Children’s Art Month in 1961 as an event to emphasize the value to children from participating in visual art education. In 1969 the celebration expanded to include secondary school students, and the Children’s Art Month event officially became known as Youth Art Month.
Youth Art Month exists to:
- Recognize art education as a viable factor in the total education curriculum that develops citizens of a global society.
- Recognize art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all.
- Direct attention to the value of art education for divergent and critical thinking.
- Expand art programs in schools and stimulate new art programs.
- Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
- Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
- Increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
- Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative ventures.
- Reflect and demonstrate the goals of the National Art Education Association that work toward the improvement of art education at all levels.
Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation (OCAF)
34 School Street
Watkinsville, GA, 30677
- Tuesday - Saturday:
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM